Winner's EDGE (WEDGE) is a competition open only to previous winners of Scottish EDGE in any category.
WEDGE offers two separate awards of £100,000 (60% Loan / 40% Grant) and will focus on Scale-Up and International impact.
The Scale-up award will be awarded to the business that can demonstrate the highest level of Scale-up impact through the support of the award and the International award will be awarded to the business that can demonstrate the highest level of new International
impact through the support of the award.
The key eligibility criteria are shown below:
- You are a past Scottish EDGE category winner (winners from Scottish EDGE, Higgs EDGE, Creative EDGE, Social Enterprise EDGE, Young EDGE and Wild Card EDGE are all eligible, subject to meeting the below criteria)
- Your company is currently trading and is exceeding the Scottish EDGE minimum standard of £200,000 in annual sales turnover (financials will need to be evidenced)
- Your company has projections of £1m(+) within the next three years
- Your company has not attracted in excess of £1m in Private investment
- You will remain within de minimis allowance if you are successful in receiving this award (the 40% grant element of the award is classed as de minimis)
When your application has been submitted, it will progress to the 1st Stage assessment process, during which an independent panel will select the top 7 – 10 businesses to pitch in mid-March to an expert panel of judges, after which two prize
winners will be selected.
If you are keen to apply and meet the eligibility criteria, then please use the link below to download the Application Form.
The closing date for entries is: 2pm on Tuesday 19th February.