Since its inception in 2013, Scottish EDGE has had a huge impact on Scotland’s economy, with our alumni having generated an additional £45.06m in turnover, secured £44.12m in additional investment, and created 818 jobs. Round Nine served as a reminder of Scottish EDGE’s essential role in nurturing Scotland’s globally recognised entrepreneurial talent, with a total of £1.3 million awarded in grant and loan funding to forty of Scotland’s most promising start-ups.
As an ever-evolving competition, we aim to improve upon every round and we value the feedback that we receive. For the first time, therefore, Round Ten applications will be open to sole traders within its Young EDGE and Wild Card EDGE categories. This change to the eligibility criteria paves the way for previously ineligible businesspeople to take advantage of the competition’s significant offering, with a potential award of £10,000 grant only funding and business support.
Scottish EDGE Round 10 Key Dates:
- 1st February 2017 – Application window opens
- 8th March 2017 – Application window closes at 14.00 (2.00pm)
- 27th March 2017 to 12th April 2017 – 1st Stage Assessments undertaken
- 3rd May 2017 – Wild Card EDGE Final
- 8th, 9th, 10th May 2017 – Scottish EDGE Semi Finals
- 16th May 2016 – Young EDGE Final
- 6th June 2017 – Higgs EDGE Final
- Thursday 22nd June 2017 – Scottish EDGE Final
We will also be holding a series of Application & Video Presentation Support Workshops throughout Scotland prior to the application closing date. Keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages for details as the dates are finalised.