Designed to support pre-trading Scottish businesses on their start-up journey, the award also carries a non-financial support package, provided by Scottish EDGE’s various partner organisations. Furthermore, Wild Card EDGE is a proven identifier of potential Scottish EDGE category winners of future rounds, with five of the past Wild Card EDGE winners going on to win amounts up to £100,000 in subsequent rounds.
Scottish EDGE Round 9 Wild Card EDGE Winners:
- Airdecks Ltd: An innovative product for the construction industry that aims to eliminate issues associated with scaffolding obstruction
- BioTSptech: A new sensor, used broadly to monitor the health and general characteristics of cells grown ex vivo.
- DAT Consulting Ltd: Have invented two systems for the hygiene sector – Sterl Blast (a room system) and Sterl Hand (a hand system used in intensive care settings).
- HakySak Ltd: An online, peer-to-peer marketplace, that connects local people to other trusted members of their community.
- MicroSpray Technologies: On a mission is to revolutionise particle manufacturing for pharmaceutical and research industries.
- Nu Blvck Ltd: A fashion accessories brand and e-commerce platform transforming the traditional supply chain.
- Peaches Wax Bar Ltd: Aiming to develop a UK based, quality wax brand.
- Sansible Wearables: Offers a combined hardware and software system to improve performance and help prevent injury.
- Spark and Rocket Ltd: Aims to market and sell fun, accessible and creative products to enable children to play, create and learn music.
- SpeyCardio Ltd: Creators of the Smart Wearable Defibrillator, now developing disposable defibrillator pads which are compatible with the device.
- Wallet.Services (Scotland) Ltd: Simplifies BlockChain in business using a software platform that enables innovation, accelerates projects, and manages risk in development and operations.
- Your Book List: A money saving app which directly connects students to the best deals on buying and selling their textbooks.
In addition to selecting 12 Wild Card EDGE winners, the judging panel was tasked with selecting three of those businesses to go on to a public voting competition, the winner of which will be invited to pitch at the Scottish EDGE Final for an award of up to £100,000 in the current round. Details of this vote will follow in the coming days.