The winners of the Young EDGE competition were informed today of their success, however, they will not be informed of their exact prize winnings until the Scottish EDGE Round 8 final, to be held at the Royal Bank of Scotland’s Gogarburn campus on Monday, June 20th, 2016 (free tickets available here).
Announcing the winners of the Young EDGE competition, Evelyn McDonald, CEO of Scottish EDGE, commented: “It is always really exciting to meet and hear from Scotland’s youngest entrepreneurs as part of the Scottish EDGE competition. This round, the standard of applications and pitches has been really high so narrowing down the sixty-six applications we received to choose the twelve businesses who’ve won was a real challenge. We’re delighted to be able to announce our round eight Young EDGE winners today and look forward to working with them and supporting their businesses in the future.”
Scottish EDGE Round 8 Young EDGE Winners
- A Fox Wot I Drew: Games company who developed their first game “BAUM” for the Apple TV Platform.
- Can You Escape: Live escape games with puzzles and cryptic activities to see if participants have what it takes to escape.
- Connect-In: Developed “Lupo”, a sensor which finds personal belongings when misplaced.
- LifeLinked: Trading as Storii, the company provide media storage and a communications platform, allowing family to connect with loved ones who suffer from dementia.
- Lingo Flamingo CIC: World’s first portfolio of tailored language workshops for older adults to help delay the effects of dementia.
- Pick Protection: Created a revolutionary personal attack and lone worker alarm.
- Premiership Experience: Award winning sport tour operator offering access to life at the highest level of the beautiful game.
- Silver Birch Interiors: Developing a digital offering for the furniture fitting sector.
- Siobhan Mackenzie: Designer and producer of bespoke and contemporary kilts, bringing Scottish dress into the twenty-first century.
- Tipple Box: Cocktail-making kits, sent by post.
- WardWatch: Cloud based software program to support clinical learning opportunities.
- YoCo Club: Whisky subscription club that delivers malt Scotch whiskies to your door.
The Young EDGE competition is the result of our recognition that growing a business can be particularly challenging for younger entrepreneurs. The directors of Young EDGE award businesses must be aged eighteen to thirty.