The winners of the Scottish EDGE Round 8 Wild Card competition were informed today of their success, however, they will not be informed as to their exact prize winnings until the Scottish EDGE Round 8 final, to be held at the Royal Bank of Scotland’s Gogarburn campus on Monday, June 20th, 2016 (free tickets available here).
Announcing the winners of the Wild Card EDGE, Evelyn McDonald, CEO of Scottish EDGE, commented: “We are absolutely delighted to be able to announce the twelve winners of the Scottish EDGE Round 8 Wild Card competition. The twelve pre-trading businesses selected by our panel of expert judges reflect the huge variety of fantastically innovative products and ideas being developed across Scotland and we look forward to supporting these entrepreneurs in helping their businesses launch and grow in the future.”
Scottish EDGE Round 8 Wild Card Winners
- Blusho: A social-shopping platform for beauty, driven by user generated content.
- Cyclogical: Creators of ‘Gripster’ – the bike storage solution that is a little bit off the wall.
- Eat2Enjoy: Provide delicious frozen meals designed specifically to meet the nutritional and energy requirements of the elderly.
- Ergo Fitness: Designed the ‘Arcufit Bar’ – the first ergonomically designed, weighted barfor the fitness community.
- Estendio: Developed ‘PresentPal’ – technology for dyslexics, developed by dyslexics.
- Handy Handle Jig: Innovative product for DIY enthusiasts to support the task of putting handles on doors.
- MIME Technologies: Wireless platform technology that simplifies the capture, reporting & audit of medical data.
- Pio Design: Developed a keyboard that will transform computer input across a range of technology and educational sectors.
- Study Ninja: A kick-ass app to help students smash their exams.
- Trossachs Distillery: Manufacturers of McQueen Gin, with unique distilled flavours including Chocolate Mint and Mocha.
- Veloeye: Mobile, light and convenient bike theft deterrent and retrieval system which harnesses the power of social media.
- WindAir Systems: Provide “active” sealed glass units that can be used in windows/doors to prevent excess solar heat energy.
The Wild Card EDGE is a judges’ award category, and all pre-trading businesses who apply to the main Scottish EDGE competition are eligible. Finalists are selected upon the collective agreement of the assessment panel that the entrepreneur or their company has the ‘wow’ factor. The Scottish EDGE look for the most innovative businesses, however, innovation is not only about product or service; it can be about the entrepreneur, their approach, team, or the design or brand adopted.